show and tell....


Is it Monday again? Wow, last week was our first full of school and I think I spent the majority of it running errands again like crazy. Above is a picture I snapped while stuck in traffic. Once you get out of the island's skyscrapers there is a beautiful Asian countryside.


* When I'm on the MTR heading to the island, I sometimes find comfort in zoning out with a game. I'm embarrassed to admit I've become mildly addicted to Two Dots. Anyone else playing Two Dots and if so can you pretty please help me get past level 82?

* There are some instagram feeds that are just ugh. Seriously, I'm over looking at people's meals. But one that deserves following is the j crew gingham shirt instagram feed. I don't see alot of the shirt here in Hong Kong as the men here have a different uniform. But I know it's everywhere back in the states. It's worth a chuckle. Also you can follow along in my Hong Kong adventure via my instagram.

* Now having two children with food issues. One being dairy intolerant and another newly diagnosed Celiac. Children's allergies are not as common in Asia as they are in the states. It's a new normal for us to be grilling our Asian waiters. One once told us dairy was a form of gluten! So we all carry a card in our wallets describing Celiac Disease in Cantonese. It's been a saving grace. We've also relied on this Sassy gluten free guide to Hong Kong as a starting point as well.

* Hong Kong is such a contrast. Metropolis on the main island and lush gardens in the northern territories. Fan Ho has released old photos of Hong Kong spotlighting rickshaws, coolies, and junks.  They are currently on display in the east (Pottinger Hotel) and the west (San Francisco Terminal 2).

happy Monday!

xox,
christine





No Response to "show and tell...."

Post a Comment

patterson estate All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger