show and tell...



Yes, it's finally cooled off in The Kong. Just enough that you don't want to get out of bed in the morning. But really compared to most of the US it's just fall temperatures. But in Hong Kong most homes do not have heating. At least the chill in the air has moved me into gear for Christmas. I have not even mailed my Christmas gifts to the states yet. So unless I choose gifts online and have them shipped, I will be late. So before I get moving, here are some fun tidbits to start your Monday off.


  • In Hong Kong eggs in the wet market are not refrigerated, but eggs in the grocery store are. Finally, I found an article that explains why both ways are correct. I knew that had to be a simple explanation. 
  • If you wondered what Hong Kong wet markets are all about. Watch this video. Seriously, I have asked myself the same questions and yes, pork belly is delicious. Maybe even more delish than bacon. Betcha didn't think that was even possible. 
  • This is our first Christmas with a known celiac child. So it's been a hit and miss on navigating social events. Here are several ideas to help you steer clear of getting glutened this holiday season. 
  • Netflix's Marco Polo starts this week. I cannot wait to watch it. How about you? Completely, unrelated, Advanced Style is also finally on Netflix. Watching it may be my reward once my Christmas gifts are sent off. 
  • I think I'll always be struggling to learn Cantonese and/or Mandarin. Trust me they are different. But I stumbled up a big help. Did you know you can draw the characters in Google translate? Me neither. But I'm going to give it a whirl next time I'm stuck trying to order my dim sum. 
Hope you get started off to a great week. I have a lot to get done, but I'm sure with lots of coffee anything is possible!

xox,
christine


No Response to "show and tell..."

Post a Comment

patterson estate All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger