mama bear vs mean people...



i am normally a very reasonable person buttttt.... 
mess with my kids & all bets are off.

yesterday, was like most normal days except for the fact i had to take my son to the dentist for a sealant procedure. he was remarkably calm about the procedure until i informed him that he may have to have soft foods at lunch. he went nuts. started telling me he'd get in trouble if he didn't eat his whole school lunch. i told him no way would any reasonable adult be upset that he not eat his whole lunch if he had just come from the dentist. adults would understand i told him. still ten year old panic ensuing...

and then it hit me why is my kid NOT upset regrading the dentist, but the cafeteria lady has sent him into a fit of anxiety? he has told me before that this lady is not very nice and yells alot. and one day when my daughter and i joined him for lunch at school she honestly wasn't very nice to us either. we have tried to tell him you know some people are just never happy and they aren't ever going to be happy either.

but really... it's not ok. 
so i did what i punish my children for at home..
i tattled




now i suspect that my tattling will not miraculously make that cafeteria lady change her behavior...

but i feel so much better. well, ok i would have felt much better if i coulda walked right up to that lady and really gave her a piece of my mind, but that'll do for now. 

and i'm pretty sure i'm probably not the only only tattling on this lady... 

so tell me how do the rest of you handle mean people messing with your kids?





No Response to " "

Post a Comment

patterson estate All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger